Halo CE Sapien Vista Problems

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Hypokill

Hypokill

Private

• Members
  • 8 posts
Well, I'm glad because I finally found an alternative to HMT for HaloPC, and switched to Halo CE, and HEK+

I followed Kevsir's tutorial, and unfortunately I'm thinking Sapien isn't compatible with Vista.

Basically, this is what it does. I open the folder, and all the tags, etc. Are there, just fine.

I open, and load Bloodgulch.scenario from Sapien.exe, and like 7 windows open.

Well, I was going to put up a picture, but for some reason Sapien won't allow itself to be captured on my computers screen [I print screen when it comes up, but it's as if the computer is looking right through it]

Anyways, 7 boxes open and there's two I have caught the names of, "Heirarchy" and "Output Box"

It loads, boom exits before I can do anything, everything dissapears, and Sepian hijacks my mouse [Steals it to the program, then lets go of it]

Any suggestions?

(-)W~Spartn

(-)W~Spartn

DiGiTaL sPiTT

• Members
  • 77 posts
It usually freezes on Vista. Give it some time. Try running it as administrator.
Just get it done.

Hypokill

Hypokill

Private

• Members
  • 8 posts

It usually freezes on Vista. Give it some time. Try running it as administrator.

Did, waited over an hour - still no luck, it's not even on the Task Manager List.

EDIT: Found something here.

ERROR:
file_open('tags\ui\editor\markers\normal\normal.gbxmodel') error 0x00000003 'The system cannot find the path specified. '
couldn't open gbxmodel tag '<name>.gbxmodel'.
EXCEPTION halt in .\editor_renderer.cpp,#189: marker.model_index[i]!=NONE

SOLUTION: Normal.gbxmodel is corrupt. Sapien reads this for the object icons. (diamond with the arrows) Fix this by getting the file from a friend, or reinstalling HEK.

I know exactly how I did this, I overwrote the Tags folder, when extracting all of the "Tags" from BloodGulch.

Edited by Hypokill, 06 November 2008 - 09:57 PM.

Lil_SniPe

Lil_SniPe

LEGENDARY

• Members
  • 218 posts
if you got this error message then that means it definatly actually runs... but maybe freezes or something. hmm the best thing i've got is reinstalling it but i'm sure you've already done that and it didnt help... sorry =(
Posted Image

OMFG!! Still under 9999999999999999999999999 posts...
Mai Raiful CopteRR Goeshh SOI SOI SOI SOI ^^

RC4life

RC4life

Major Grade 2

• Members
  • 816 posts
to run sapien on vista first u have to goto right click>properties>Compatibility and then run in windows 95

and the error means you are missing files
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image Cola571 Made It Awhile Back

Tan_Za

Tan_Za

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts
Yes I know what you mean I have got the same problem and it is really starting to piss me off, I have windows xp and still no luck
:-(

DeadHamster

DeadHamster

What the fuck is juice?

• Members
  • 2,137 posts
Tan_Za, in the future please pay attention to post dates. That topic was almost 2 months old, so posting is considered a bump.

A bump is posting in a topic that is old and hasnt been posted in for a while. In the future, it'd be best to make your own topic in the appropriate section asking for help.

Kvasir

Kvasir

Spy

• Meta Chief
  • 5,818 posts
^this
The real problem anyways is that he was missing the required base tags installed with HEK.

/Idiocy

Posted Image

Andrew_b

Andrew_b

Protobro

• Regular
  • 405 posts
Moved to correct section.

a mad man

a mad man

zatarita

• Members
  • 651 posts
OMG i got vista i think i can help,

when you open sapien, open task manager and go to processes find sapien right click and click set affrinity then it opens a window with two radio boxes, com0 and com1 both should be ticked, untick one of em doesnt really matter, and it should work ^^ if it does you have to do it everytime you start sapien...kinda stupid but yea...and you are missing files...

EDIT: somtimes i hate being myself, i is curious did it work?

Edited by s1l3ntsn1p3r, 04 January 2009 - 12:10 PM.

there are 10 people in this world, people who know binary, and those who dont

3x12=36
2x12=24
1x12=12
0x12=18

McRanger

McRanger

Recruit

• Members
  • 4 posts
HEY i have 7 cores?

0 user(s) are reading this topic