Halo:ce or Halo:pc Texmod WIP

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

SorrySoldOut

SorrySoldOut

Corporal Grade 1

• Members
  • 18 posts
Hey guys, first post here. I'm going to keep this short and sweet heh.

Inspired by the recently released Halo:Reach, I decided to go back and start having fun with the textures in Halo 1 for PC. This texmod will work with both Halo:PC and Halo Custom Edition (assuming the textures I changed aren't changed in custom maps)

The only other mod used is Enb Series for a bit of Bloom. Watch In HD if you can.

Here is a link to a quick youtube video I made. So far I only worked on textures from the 2nd level, but I plan to try to get most of the game done. This isn't a project I will abandon halfway through, I completed other texture mods for other games that took me hundreds of hours :)

I'll make an actual gameplay video next and put up some pictures soon. Anyways, thanks for stopping by. I'll have more content soon.

Edited by SorrySoldOut, 28 July 2011 - 10:34 PM.

Tucker933

Tucker933

Effects Artist

• Meta Chief
  • 1,686 posts
The bits you have touched look great so far, keep working man.

Welcome to the boards.

The Cereal Killer

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, ui_widgets, ai, animation.

• Members
  • 4,029 posts
Nicely made video there.

The Red Skulls | Lumoria ep. 2

Spoiler

SorrySoldOut

SorrySoldOut

Corporal Grade 1

• Members
  • 18 posts
Thanks guys, here are some updated pics. I haven't had much time to work on it the past week or so sadly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Be back soon with more updates

Tucker933

Tucker933

Effects Artist

• Meta Chief
  • 1,686 posts
Looks beautiful, might I ask what the origin of these textures are?

SorrySoldOut

SorrySoldOut

Corporal Grade 1

• Members
  • 18 posts

Looks beautiful, might I ask what the origin of these textures are?

Some of them as seen in the Pillar of Autumn level are going to be a mix between Halo's original texture with custom texture work built on top of it. Other textures like the mountain side and ground etc are just custom textures I've made around photo's I've taken and painted over the years. I have a pretty big texture library to pull from, so its been fun so far. That exact texture for the mountain was fun to make, I think its something crazy like an 8k x 2k map to get the resolution I wanted, fun though.

RedNoseDeerOfSkyrim

RedNoseDeerOfSkyrim

Just reaply

• Regular
  • 2,084 posts
You are win. I can't wait to see the final make :D

Woody:Listen to me. He's a young lad. He's had a fucking bad week. So we bring him in wi' us to show him a bloody good time and you've just friggin back handed him roun' head. I'M DISAPPOINTED MATE!

Posted Image

RandomHero

RandomHero

That One Guy

• Regular
  • 3,580 posts
This does look pretty decent but when taking your screenshots try to take them without ENB running so you can actually see what its going to look like from the actual user. Most people will not use ENB for Halo cause it literally halves your frame rate when playing on it and your basically 'padding' the screenshot to have a extra look that it doesn't without running a external program. A few of the textures in the PoA do look somewhat familiar but I dont know from where nor do I care. Just keep at it and see where it leads too.

FunFact:
Most grunge/rustic textures look the same kinda anyways so it could be a misconception.

Virus.

Virus.

Donald Trump's Pimp.

• Members
  • 176 posts

This does look pretty decent but when taking your screenshots try to take them without ENB running so you can actually see what its going to look like from the actual user. Most people will not use ENB for Halo cause it literally halves your frame rate when playing on it and your basically 'padding' the screenshot to have a extra look that it doesn't without running a external program. A few of the textures in the PoA do look somewhat familiar but I dont know from where nor do I care. Just keep at it and see where it leads too.

FunFact:
Most grunge/rustic textures look the same kinda anyways so it could be a misconception.

looks like something i will get,is it a bitmaps file or internilized in all maps?
Posted Image

RandomHero

RandomHero

That One Guy

• Regular
  • 3,580 posts
The smart way to do it would be to skin all your global items such as hud, weapons, vehicles and so forth. Internalize all the maps your going to edit then rework each maps specific level textures. If its being done in CE you wouldn't need to do that at all so it all depends on which basis its being built with either PC tools or CE.

The only problem I have with ENB is that using the post filter it does and the custom shaders you can make with it would make even stock Halo look upgraded hence why I wanted to see some screens without ENB in effect to actually see what is being done without outside .dll files manipulating anything.

Dont get me wrong, it does look good, I just would rather see it for what it is like most users are going to do.

Covenantkillerz

Covenantkillerz

Warrant Officer Grade 2

• Members
  • 118 posts
Woah these textures are made of win! They look super sweet nice job!
Doom to all!

Posted Image

Epiczz

Epiczz

MineCraft.

• Members
  • 474 posts
Epic!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[dgaf]

SorrySoldOut

SorrySoldOut

Corporal Grade 1

• Members
  • 18 posts
I spent a few hours yesterday and reworked the Pilalr of Autumns textures to be mostly custom instead of just a quick dirty map thrown on top of the old ones like I had it before. I filmed a few minutes of me playing through the Pillar of Autumn. Watch it HD if you can. And Pepsi, you are right, I took off Enb series for the recording just because I know most people will probably end up not even having it.

Check it out here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx9WtsJuy0M

Also I took a few screen shots of the updated textures as well (no enb series)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by SorrySoldOut, 18 October 2010 - 09:47 AM.

RandomHero

RandomHero

That One Guy

• Regular
  • 3,580 posts
im on my mobile right now at work but ill check it out when i get home. good call on the enb issue.

bobblehob

bobblehob

Capitalist Pig

• Regular
  • 967 posts
This is really nice man! Its so awesome to see a really good texture modder active in th forums. Keep up the awesome work!!

Edit: I Also have to ask, are vehicles, bipeds, and weapons going to receive texture overhauls as well?

Edited by bobblehob, 19 October 2010 - 10:03 PM.

Posted Image

ABO

Shits and Giggles
Spoiler

SorrySoldOut

SorrySoldOut

Corporal Grade 1

• Members
  • 18 posts
Thanks! And yes eventually I want to tackle everything. I didn't get that much time to work on it yesterday, I updated the floor texture to a really cool floor grate I saw in the Glacier firefight map in halo reach. I tried to copy the look of that texture the best I could.

Posted Image

bobblehob

bobblehob

Capitalist Pig

• Regular
  • 967 posts
Damn, I cant wait to see what you do with the covenant ship textures!! :)
Posted Image

ABO

Shits and Giggles
Spoiler

SorrySoldOut

SorrySoldOut

Corporal Grade 1

• Members
  • 18 posts
I've been really bust lately, I'm doing as much as I can in the little time I have.

Anyways here is a link to a new video I made with the textures I've made so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHWfuetYwlI

Here are some new Screens

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Be back soon with more updates

bobblehob

bobblehob

Capitalist Pig

• Regular
  • 967 posts
Wow... That is just beautiful, I can't wait for this to be released!!
Posted Image

ABO

Shits and Giggles
Spoiler

The Cereal Killer

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, ui_widgets, ai, animation.

• Members
  • 4,029 posts
That is really great. So what's next for you after the levels? The bipeds?

The Red Skulls | Lumoria ep. 2

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox