• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Deafboy91

Deafboy91

Private

• Members
  • 5 posts
Yay... looking forward to this...

You will also work on multiplayer maps too?

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:
Posted Image
Rock on!

Izindor

Izindor

Sergeant

• Members
  • 27 posts
Yes, it's a normal map texturing. With Photoshop or GIMP you create a normal map image with an original one, and insert the normal map image on the original one, to create a new image like with this example: Posted Image

It's a trick working on Halo PC, because it doesn't support the normal map for many textures.

Do I wrong?

Skeezix the Cat

Skeezix the Cat

jealous virgin

• Regular
  • 2,779 posts
This is kinda what I've been trying to do. Looks damn well awesomene!

Posted Image

G@Mβi┼

G@Mβi┼

Major

• Members
  • 647 posts
Was this ever released? Those textures were absolutely BEAUTIFUL. i've seen things in real life that weren't as pretty as that. It was honestly inspiring so I hope this gets finished. Also someone else said it earlier, but if you or someone else *coughh tucker933 coughh* were to do some work with the effects on these maps, updating them and making them more halo reachesque, and then maybe use some of the better models and anims from around the forums, I think it would make for some reaally wonderful gameplay, and a fantastic visual experience. I swear to god you couldve convinced me this was Halo 4.
"I ain't a businessman, I'm a business, man... Let me handle my business, damn"

As7raios

As7raios

Corporal

• Members
  • 10 posts
Been watching this mod like a hawk every day since I first heard about it. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Any hope for a new preview soon?

G@Mβi┼

G@Mβi┼

Major

• Members
  • 647 posts

Been watching this mod like a hawk every day since I first heard about it. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Any hope for a new preview soon?

This

SorrySoldOut

SorrySoldOut

Corporal Grade 1

• Members
  • 18 posts
I plan on releasing a beta in a few weeks with hopes to continue working on the project for the weeks and months following the release. Right now, most of the level textures are changed but much work is still left to be done on the character models and gun textures. Thank you for all the continued support and interest!

I also plan on doing the multiplayer maps as well!

check it out here

thanks guys!

G@Mβi┼

G@Mβi┼

Major

• Members
  • 647 posts
Fucking beautiful

Bazoom09

Bazoom09

Immigrated to opencarnage.net

• Members
  • 1,644 posts
We just got a preview of Halo Anniversary. Outstanding job. How does anybody do something like that?

Edited by Bazoom09, 28 July 2011 - 03:13 PM.

Posted Image

SnipeYa25

SnipeYa25

HPC Modder

• Members
  • 782 posts
Amazing one person already out doing FWT2 with nothing but textures. Purely amazing. Thow i think it deserves more , perhaps some more interesting weapons like the ones from tuckers danger canyon variant. and the vehicles neeeeed textures too. i would be glad to help at the drop of a hat.

Also if you dont have web space for this i would be glad to host this and make a few pages and such .

I say all this in pure love of what i just sore in what was the most amazing four minuets and forty one seconds of my life to date.

Edited by snipe ya, 29 July 2011 - 02:54 AM.

Posted Image

A.Foru

A.Foru

Sergeant Grade 1

• Banned
  • 39 posts
So much want.

Garagorn

Garagorn

Garagorn

• Members
  • 5 posts

Yes, it's a normal map texturing. With Photoshop or GIMP you create a normal map image with an original one, and insert the normal map image on the original one, to create a new image like with this example: Posted Image

It's a trick working on Halo PC, because it doesn't support the normal map for many textures.

Do I wrong?

How?

v3nture

v3nture

Lt. Colonel Grade 2

• Regular
  • 2,185 posts

Amazing one person already out doing FWT2.

Sorry to say, nope. It looks really nice, but nope.

One thing I do like is the sky on the map Halo, looks really nice.

Edited by v3nture, 10 August 2011 - 02:20 AM.

Posted Image
If its hostile, you kill it.

G@Mβi┼

G@Mβi┼

Major

• Members
  • 647 posts
Ya idk about outdoing FTW2. The textures are on a level with FTW2 and he is doing a lot more maps, but FTW2 also included effects, weapon/vehicle skins, and it rethemed maps rather than just enhancing the existing theme.

SnipeYa25

SnipeYa25

HPC Modder

• Members
  • 782 posts
thats why i said it needs weapons and vehicles not just skins.

Posted Image

The Cereal Killer

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, ui_widgets, ai, animation.

• Members
  • 4,029 posts
As far as the environmental skins go, I'd say it's right on par with FTW2.

The Red Skulls | Lumoria ep. 2

Spoiler

bobblehob

bobblehob

Capitalist Pig

• Regular
  • 967 posts

As far as the environmental skins go, I'd say it's right on par with FTW2.

This
Posted Image

ABO

Shits and Giggles
Spoiler

DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Sergeant Grade 1

• Members
  • 39 posts
Hey, you have inspired me, and im making my own Version of Texmod, I started out with Enhanced Detail in special characters (Marines faces, Marine armor, and the helmet and the hats)
Captain Keyes has been totally Re-Vamped and looks like the Xbox-Version (:o) The marine armor is now a darker green, along with the helmet. Master Chief/Cyborg has a new Skin as well, its the Halo 2-Style skin, Heres some screenshots i took in-game, tell me what you think, and what you Might want to use (I will show you vehicles also)

Marines :

Posted Image

Captain Keyes :

Posted Image

Elite :

Posted Image

This Elite is no-where near done, Im Seeking through the image for all the detail that is in the Xbox version of halo that is not in PC for the elite. I want the foe to look bad-ass again.

Master Chief :

Posted Image

Edited by DarkWolf, 04 September 2011 - 07:56 AM.

Posted Image
www.therian-guide.com

*Yes I am a therian, deal with it. And no they are NOT Furries...*

G@Mβi┼

G@Mβi┼

Major

• Members
  • 647 posts
Is it a CE project or a PC project darkwolf? And theres no need to bump this to hijack his thread, just make a new wip thread. Also the elites and mc just look a lil too shiny /:

DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Sergeant Grade 1

• Members
  • 39 posts

Is it a CE project or a PC project darkwolf? And theres no need to bump this to hijack his thread, just make a new wip thread. Also the elites and mc just look a lil too shiny /:

Its a PC Project, not CE, (As i do not own the Legit Halo 1 :P, well i have it for Xbox.)
And Im not sure why the lites and Cyborg/Masterchief are so shiny, im looking into that actually. I think is the Bump-Map Surface/Mirror Image, ima tone it down a bit, and if thats not it, Idk what to do.
Posted Image
www.therian-guide.com

*Yes I am a therian, deal with it. And no they are NOT Furries...*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox