Sparkedit

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

CBA22

CBA22

Sergeant Grade 1

• Members
  • 48 posts
NOTE TO ADVANCED MODDERS: Do not call me a noob because, I’m telling you right now, I am one! You don’t have to remind me. I’m sick of it.
This tutorial is just meant for getting beginners used to the interface. We will be using Blood Gulch. We will add scenery, rotate tanks, duplicate warthogs,move warthogs, and get rid of the ghosts.

1.Download Sparkedit v.3.01 here.
After you do that, open up Sparkedit.
Load bloodgulch.map.
Posted Image
Posted Image

IMPORTANT NOTE: To navigate through the map, use WASD to move, space bar to move up, and shift to move down.

2. Rotating the tanks
Okay, click on the "edit" tab and for edit mode select vehicles. In the top left hand corner there should be a couple of options. Select "Select Mode". There should be a red box around all vehicles. Click on one of the tanks. The tank should now have a yellow box around it. Now, go to the top left corner again, and change it to "rotate mode". now just click and hold the mouse, and move your mouse to rotate the tank.

Posted Image

3. Duplicating scenery.

Okay, change edit mode to scenery, and make sure it's select mode. select a piece of scenry. i select a rock. You might want to swap the rock with another obj, as I have done here.
[img]http://http://m.UploadEdit.com/b91/35103056.jpg[/img]

After you do that. there should be another
option in the top left corner with two pieces of paper, this is duplicate. Before you do this, make sure there is a yellow box around the piece of scenery you want to duplicate. click on the duplicate option. Whalla, you now have a perfect copy of whatever peice of scenrey you have. You can now move that copy around.

[img]http://m.UploadEdit.com/b91/26645875.jpg[/img]

4. Moving Warthogs

This section is pretty easy.
Change edit mode to vehicles. Make sure it's select mode. then select a warthog. There should be another option in the top-lrft corner, that is a hand, that is translate mode. You can now move the warthog around.

5. Deleting the ghosts

Select a ghost. There should be a delete button in the top left corner. Click on it, and your ghost should be deleted.

[img]http://m.UploadEdit.com/b91/86230610.jpg[/img]

Okay, now go to file and save changes, close sparkedit, open halo, and start a multiplayer game on Blooad Gulch, there is your mod. Also, you might need to edit the gametype for all vehicles to appear.

Edited by CBA22, 13 March 2011 - 07:00 AM.

Sceny ツ

Sceny ツ

Modhalo's Worst Modder!

• Regular
  • 2,553 posts
This is basically how to open a map in sparkedit? Sorry to say... but even newb's and novice modders know this.

Posted Image

WaeV

WaeV

Firecracker

• Regular
  • 1,657 posts
CBA22, your wording is pretty clear and it looks like you;re off to a good start, but... are you finished? You haven't explained how to move, rotate, or delete anything yet.

You should also mention that spacebar moves you up and shift moves you down, but other than that this is very clear. Please continue.
Posted Image
____ Flashlight Trigger: [Link] ___ Projectile Spawner: [Link]

CBA22

CBA22

Sergeant Grade 1

• Members
  • 48 posts
Opps, I think i posted this before i was even finished. I'll update it right away.

Oh crap, i don't think the last few images uploaded correctly.

WaeV

WaeV

Firecracker

• Regular
  • 1,657 posts
You have two "http://" in some of your image URLs, which is why the embedding isn't working. Also, instead of posting twice in a row the standard tactic is to edit whatever you have to add into your last post. Sometimes people add "Edit:" to show where the part they added starts.

Haha, all this new foruming info must be confusing. :rolleyes:
Posted Image
____ Flashlight Trigger: [Link] ___ Projectile Spawner: [Link]

AID

AID

Like a G2

• Members
  • 292 posts
I had a question regarding opening files, I am trying to open a halo full map i just rebuilt but it keeps saying "error on opening unamed file" or something like that

can't code

can't code

yOU'RE NOT GONNA GET iN MY PANTS iF YOU DON'T LOVE jESUS

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

I had a question regarding opening files, I am trying to open a halo full map i just rebuilt but it keeps saying "error on opening unamed file" or something like that

Sparkedit hates pmi. You sometimes get that.
Posted Image

AID

AID

Like a G2

• Members
  • 292 posts

Sparkedit hates pmi. You sometimes get that.

Would it help if i did the map in halo trial and demo hacked it? Or is that map doomed not to work in sparkedit..

Edit: nvm this seemed to work :)

Edit: Or not, its not working in halo trial :D nvm

Edited by AID, 14 March 2011 - 08:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox