Expectations on Halo 4

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

ReindeerYiffer

ReindeerYiffer

<3 WORKSPACES <3

• Regular
  • 5,583 posts

So from what im understanding from the spoilers is that the flood lived inside some of the covenant? (I just sounded so ridiculous, because I didn't get it completely so please don't judge me...)

No, again spoiler at own risk

150,000 years before the events of the first Halo, there were two dominant alien life forms; The Precursors, and the Forerunners. They fought a war against each other. So just in case The Precursors lost the war against the Forerunners they developed the flood. Roughly 110,000 before the events of the first Halo, the Humans accidentally released the Flood. This led up to the Forerunners creation of the Halo Array and eventually the activation of it.

The Humans actually didn't accidentally release it, they sort of helped it evolve until they saw what it actually was, and after that they were able to push it back for a while but thats mostly the jist of it.

This might explain it better than me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDGH8iJsZFs

How the fuck can you hear anything that guy is saying?

Posted Image

AID

AID

Like a G2

• Members
  • 292 posts

So from what im understanding from the spoilers is that the flood lived inside some of the covenant? (I just sounded so ridiculous, because I didn't get it completely so please don't judge me...)

No, again spoiler at own risk

150,000 years before the events of the first Halo, there were two dominant alien life forms; The Precursors, and the Forerunners. They fought a war against each other. So just in case The Precursors lost the war against the Forerunners they developed the flood. Roughly 110,000 before the events of the first Halo, the Humans accidentally released the Flood. This led up to the Forerunners creation of the Halo Array and eventually the activation of it.

The Humans actually didn't accidentally release it, they sort of helped it evolve until they saw what it actually was, and after that they were able to push it back for a while but thats mostly the jist of it.

This might explain it better than me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDGH8iJsZFs

How the fuck can you hear anything that guy is saying?

I just look at the dialouge annotations thing but yeah its kind of hard to hear.

MeLley

MeLley

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 77 posts
i think it was fake...

v3nture

v3nture

Lt. Colonel Grade 2

• Regular
  • 2,185 posts

i think it was fake...

What the dude says is accurate the video is fan made though
Posted Image
If its hostile, you kill it.

Sceny ツ

Sceny ツ

Modhalo's Worst Modder!

• Regular
  • 2,553 posts

i think it was fake...

What the dude says is accurate the video is fan made though

^

Its using CryEngine 2

Posted Image

Andrew_b

Andrew_b

Protobro

• Regular
  • 405 posts
This thread is full of lulz.

Saaciay

Saaciay

Recruit

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hate to bring this back to life, but I checked out the Google Trends on the Halo series, and felt like adding a little something

Posted Image
As we see here, the searches of Halo spike most when a game is released. Searches for the next game begin around the time previous game was released. Look, people began searching Halo 4 just as Halo 3 was released. Clearly, there wasn't as much interest for Reach as the other games. Halo seems to be becoming a dying interest in the gaming industry.

In my personal opinion, I think they should end developing a story with Halo 4, and start making more games based off the books.

And I'll go ahead and formally welcome myself to the site here. Welcome Saaciay. Thanks, Saaciay
"Why did my lug hug?"

Sceny ツ

Sceny ツ

Modhalo's Worst Modder!

• Regular
  • 2,553 posts
Halo 4 Multiplayer will be dead within 6 months of release, and that's me being generous.

Posted Image

The Cereal Killer

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, ui_widgets, ai, animation.

• Members
  • 4,029 posts
Don't care about multiplayer though, I buy the games for their campaigns.

The Red Skulls | Lumoria ep. 2

Spoiler

Saaciay

Saaciay

Recruit

• Members
  • 2 posts

That's the primary reason I buy any of the games for myself as well, but I don't mind indulging in a little online play. It gets old after a few minutes of 12 year old kids calling each other gay - which seems to be the only adjective they know
"Why did my lug hug?"

AID

AID

Like a G2

• Members
  • 292 posts

can't code

can't code

yOU'RE NOT GONNA GET iN MY PANTS iF YOU DON'T LOVE jESUS

• Members
  • 1,120 posts
Actually, I found 343's fixes to Reach's multiplayer good, but it just increased the "mid-range human headshot weapon" strafing. But still, good.

Idk, I think 343 has some hope with Halo 4.
Posted Image

AID

AID

Like a G2

• Members
  • 292 posts
I think the story will look something like this.

Also yay for inception music :D

Zamio

Zamio

Private

• Members
  • 7 posts

Halo 4 Multiplayer will be dead within 6 months of release, and that's me being generous.

Lol. Halo 4 multiplayer will still be going strong. People still play Halo Custom Edition on PC. They still play Halo 3. They're still playing Reach. Hell, they would be playing Halo 2 if they could. My point? A lot of people still play the old titles online. I have had several good Halo 1 and 3 matches in the past week.

s@t@n 666

s@t@n 666

Private

• Members
  • 5 posts
I just hope that 343 don't seriously Fuck halo up. it was the first game i ever played and i also hope they finally give the people what they want, 1. to see Master Chiefs Face and 2. FORGE-ABLE AND PILOTABLE PELICANS + DROPSHIPS i also think that the Halo Remake is really quite pointless i mean they only seem to be doing it to make Reach fit in more.

ReindeerYiffer

ReindeerYiffer

<3 WORKSPACES <3

• Regular
  • 5,583 posts

I just hope that 343 don't seriously Fuck halo up. it was the first game i ever played and i also hope they finally give the people what they want, 1. to see Master Chiefs Face and 2. FORGE-ABLE AND PILOTABLE PELICANS + DROPSHIPS i also think that the Halo Remake is really quite pointless i mean they only seem to be doing it to make Reach fit in more.

I highly doubt 343 is ever going to let people use dropships. But seeing John's face would be cool.

Inb4
Attached File  johnsface.PNG   25.78KB   0 downloads

Posted Image

Saturnalia

Saturnalia

Pro Modder

• Members
  • 778 posts
Honestly, I don't game much anymore, but I'm looking forward to Halo 4.

It's a sense of camaraderie that I miss from Halo 1-3. I guess the only thing calling me back is nostalgia.

phlo

phlo

Wack City

• Regular
  • 1,756 posts
I'm essited!!! :D

a.k.a. xEminagz

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox