Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Razer

Razer

Flaming Radioactive Chaos

• Administrator
  • 3,157 posts
If you want to know exactly what's new in the upgrade, full details are here: http://community.inv...ed-apps-so-far/

Some things of note include the new tagging system, which probably would have been a lot more helpful if we had it from the start, a "like" reputation system (I like it - removes the negrep drama we had), a RTEditor, an enhanced 'View New Content' feature, and a bunch of other improvements - most obviously, the skin.

I was a bit rushed for time at the end of the upgrade so as of now the tagging system is temporarily disabled, and I've barely added any awards yet. The tagging system is going to use predefined tags which you can add as a prefix to your topic title - post any suggestions for tag titles and I'll add them.

The awards system is improved and we now have the option for public award granting. Anybody Regular or above will have the ability to grant (most) awards now, with approval. (You grant the award and it gets sent to an approval queue - it won't show up until it's approved in the ACP.)

Post any issues you have with the new software, or anything that looks funky with the skin in here and I'll take a look at it.
Posted Image

forkspoonz

forkspoonz

Admiral Awkward

• Members
  • 1,970 posts
i like it
Posted Image

ChvyVele

ChvyVele

• Honor Guards
  • 1,585 posts
Is it possible to make the recent status updates on the right show more statuses? That would be nice, in my opinion.

ReindeerYiffer

ReindeerYiffer

<3 WORKSPACES <3

• Regular
  • 5,583 posts
^In regards to this, I can't find where to update a status on the page like I used to be able to. Or do I have to do that via profile now?

Also, the reply box (both quick and normal) needs to be the same colors as the forum skin. It just looks out of place. Example:
Attached File  fixpl0x.png   32.82KB   4 downloads

p.s. for some reason the forum makes our avatars look like shit as well.

Edited by iTails, 21 September 2011 - 04:02 PM.

Posted Image

MoDFoX

MoDFoX

Pro Mind Hacker

• Regular
  • 2,099 posts
You broke avatars

Edit Profile > Change photo won't let me. It gives me a generic "new photo not set" error.
Was due to broken picture

Edited by MoDFoX, 21 September 2011 - 04:14 PM.

Posted Image

ChvyVele

ChvyVele

• Honor Guards
  • 1,585 posts
Just realized that profile photo and forum avatar are now the same thing. wat

EDIT: Tails, click your name in the top right and there's a spot for posting a status.

RedNoseDeerOfSkyrim

RedNoseDeerOfSkyrim

Just reaply

• Regular
  • 2,084 posts
I like it so far. Congrats on the success!

Woody:Listen to me. He's a young lad. He's had a fucking bad week. So we bring him in wi' us to show him a bloody good time and you've just friggin back handed him roun' head. I'M DISAPPOINTED MATE!

Posted Image

MoDFoX

MoDFoX

Pro Mind Hacker

• Regular
  • 2,099 posts
Pictures are terrible quality on upload.

Posted Image

Dirk Gently

Dirk Gently

Colonel Grade 1

• Moderators
  • 5,969 posts
Is there a way to hide the "recent topics" other "recent" thing in on the right hand side of the main forums view? also a dark "reply to this topic" edit box would be nice.

aSoundJedi

aSoundJedi

Blade of the Prophets

• Regular
  • 2,465 posts
Small avatars :(

Posted Image

ReindeerYiffer

ReindeerYiffer

<3 WORKSPACES <3

• Regular
  • 5,583 posts

EDIT: Tails, click your name in the top right and there's a spot for posting a status.

Hmm, when I try uploading any picture it says it fails to upload.

Also, thanks, that's a lot easier.

Posted Image

MoDFoX

MoDFoX

Pro Mind Hacker

• Regular
  • 2,099 posts
Delete old photo, upload new.
Old photos seem to break the uploader.

Posted Image

The Cereal Killer

The Cereal Killer

Scripts, ui_widgets, ai, animation.

• Members
  • 4,029 posts
It's pretty nice, I might comment that it seems slightly narrower although that could be an illusion.

The Red Skulls | Lumoria ep. 2

Spoiler

Scoutsniper127

Scoutsniper127

Kenshi

• Members
  • 870 posts
OH...... MY....... GAWD!!!..... ahem, looks good...

Skeezix the Cat

Skeezix the Cat

jealous virgin

• Regular
  • 2,778 posts
The reply box is definitely pretty gay at the moment, but everything else looks beautiful. It's not a bother to me personally, but it looks like there's a lot of unused space everywhere.

Posted Image

Razer

Razer

• Administrator
  • 3,157 posts
Warning: Massive quote-filled reply incoming.

Is it possible to make the recent status updates on the right show more statuses? That would be nice, in my opinion.

I agree, and will look into it. No promises, I'm not sure what's involved.

^In regards to this, I can't find where to update a status on the page like I used to be able to. Or do I have to do that via profile now?

Also, the reply box (both quick and normal) needs to be the same colors as the forum skin. It just looks out of place. Example:
Attached File  fixpl0x.png   32.82KB   4 downloads

p.s. for some reason the forum makes our avatars look like shit as well.

As said, upper right-hand corner. On the test board I was able to put the 'update status' box back where it was before at the top of the recent updates, but I wasn't able to make it look good. I'll keep working on it though when I'm bored sometime.

As for the quick reply box and the RTEditor, yes, I fully agree they look like ass. It is possible to tweak the colors but it's not a simple edit from what I've gathered reading elsewhere. Invision is releasing 3.2.3 sometime soon (This is 3.2.2, so it's not a full upgrade like we just did), and I know it comes with changes to the editor (I believe they're adding a toggle to go back to the old editor if someone wants) so I'm not going to bother with it until I see what changes the next version brings.

The avatar problem, I'm not sure actually. Some look fine, others look terrible and I'm not sure the reason. Does anybody remember our old avatar size limit? It may have gotten inadvertently changed with the merging of the profile photo and avatar.

Edit: It seems that avatars are automatically resized to 90x90 in posts. I changed it to 100x100, and it broke most of the formatting on the page. Looks like we're sticking with 90x90, so update your avatars if the change makes them look bad.

You broke avatars

Edit Profile > Change photo won't let me. It gives me a generic "new photo not set" error.
Was due to broken picture

See above. My best guess is we had a 125x125 or 150x150 limit on avatars before, and it got changed. I'm fine with changing it back.

Edit: I lied. See above.

I don't particularly like that they merged it, but they were going for simplicity I suppose.

Pictures are terrible quality on upload.

What do you mean? The thumbnail a large upload gets resized to, or it's actually changing the quality of the upload?

Is there a way to hide the "recent topics" other "recent" thing in on the right hand side of the main forums view? also a dark "reply to this topic" edit box would be nice.

When you hover over the header of the recent topics an X should appear which you can click to hide it. If you want to hide the entire sidebar, there is an X that appears if you hover over the top right corner of the sidebar to remove it. (Under the quick navigation icon)

The edit box, see above. To be (hopefully) fixed at a later date.

Small avatars :(

Oops. Fixed soon.

Edit: See above.

It's pretty nice, I might comment that it seems slightly narrower although that could be an illusion.

I think I did set the width a little narrower, but I'm not sure. No more than 5% if anything.

OH...... MY....... GAWD!!!..... ahem, looks good...

The reply box is definitely pretty gay at the moment, but everything else looks beautiful. It's not a bother to me personally, but it looks like there's a lot of unused space everywhere.

See above, I don't like it either.

FYI, there is a toggle on the top left hand of the new RTEditor to put it back to basic BBcode formatting. Still looks crappy though.
Posted Image

G_A

G_A

Gratz Whore?

• Regular
  • 5,842 posts
Any idea if the View New Posts page will remain how it looks?

Was extremely fond of the last one, and this one simply seems cluttered, ie OP's avatar.

Hail to the king, baby!

Posted Image

Razer

Razer

• Administrator
  • 3,157 posts

Any idea if the View New Posts page will remain how it looks?

Was extremely fond of the last one, and this one simply seems cluttered, ie OP's avatar.

It's going to stay like it is. There may be more information displayed, but they really added a lot of functionality to it. And to be honest, while things like user photos aren't really adding much value it does not seem cluttered to me.
Posted Image

ReindeerYiffer

ReindeerYiffer

<3 WORKSPACES <3

• Regular
  • 5,583 posts
The view new posts page seems fine to me. I think the user pictures keep people attracted to reading those topics as well.

Posted Image

Krueger

Krueger

But I would not feel so all alone Everybody must get stoned

• Regular
  • 6,401 posts
currently the update doesnt seem very appealing but fuck it, ill get used to it eventually
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Upgrade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox