Halo reach mod how to mod hal halo reach halo 3 halo 2 halo 3 odst

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Melk

Melk

Lead of 363 Productions

• Members
  • 5 posts
This topic explains everything about the Halo Reach mods, I do have to say that I'm out of the modding scene so please update me with the errors, so about the questions about Mongoose-cyle and 500+ coloms mods on how to play them because they are awesome, well here is your answer rookies :)

What can I play/mod with my original Xbox
[1] you can play forge map mods like the avp mod with 20+ scorpion tanks, falcons, wraiths etc
[2] you can play save mods like pelican/phantom driveable mods/infinte ammo mods
[3] you can play Max rank + Armory mods (only offline)

What can I play/mod with my jtag/Devkit Xbox
[1] You can play the ForgeSnowworld mod
[2] you can get red visor
[3] you can get the GRD Helmet in the anniversary maps only
​[4] you can switch characters in campaign meaning you can play against the UNSC as a Covenant
[5] you can have the Moongoose - cycle
[6] you can fly the Ultimate Falcon (the one with the scorpion turret etc)
[7] you can duel with weapons
[8] shoot rockets out of any weapon
[9] get the golden warthog in any map
[10] and much more mods

Now your asking me or yourself how can I get a jtag and what is a jtag and how do I all of those cool jtag mods?

Well a Jtag xbox is a modded Hardware xbox that can play games directly from its harddrive and change game tags like the one above from the second list, the price for a jtag xbox is around 250 US dollars but it depends on the seller, a Jtag xbox is not almost not gettable anymore since all the KV (Key vaults) are sold and you need a specific Dashboard version to make your xbox a jtag xbox. The price to jtag your xbox is also deppending on the person who make's a jtag xbox. But remember that if you change your retail xbox to a jtag xbox it is not possible to go online anymore since the jtag is not made for online purpose, if you go online with your new jtag its possible that you get banned instantly or it will take several hours, also not only your jtag would be banned but also the gamertag that you play with it online would be banned this is also with a instant ban or it could also take several hours/days the ban you would get is a Perm one meaning till 31/12/9999 if you get banned dont cry coz its your fault that you get online with your jtag and gamertag.To mod games with your jtag you need several program's that you can find on modding forums (not naming any just google it your self) and tutorials would also be available on those specific forums and ofcourse you can search for tutorials on youtube.

I hope that this topic explains allot to the new guys here on MH (Mod Halo) and if you really cant find out what a jtag is or how to mod it then a jtag is not made for you.

regards

Melk aka (Reconatior)

ProjectISO

ProjectISO

Sergeant Grade 1

• Members
  • 33 posts
What?

QUOTE: the price for a jtag xbox is around 250 US dollars

Fact, if you use a JTAG chip, yes. If you do a rewire or you bypass security checks (RHG - Reset Hack Glich), then no, it's free.
You can do this at your house and not pay a penny unless you don't have a soldiering/desoldiering gun and you don't know how to use wiring schematics.

Fact: JTAG can only work on consoles with an update version equal to or lower than 7997. An RHG hack can work with any console version because they have not found a way to patch it yet. Using an RHG allows you to load custom firmware from a hard drive, USB flash drive or dual-layered dvd. To load the DL dvd, you need to flash your 360's drive. All you need is a SATA cable and a motherboard that's made in the year 2000 or newer. Use your 360 to power the drive and use JungleFlasher to download your drive key, modify the firmware and upload a firmware called "IXTreme lt+ 3.0" This allows you to bypass regional settings along with other unique signatures inside XEX files that otherwise would be rejected. RHG hacks can work online because the firmware of the console has not been modified. This means you can run JTAG type mods, devkits and console spoofs and not get banned. Don't ask me more about this because I'm not *cough cough* google.com. Go there if you need more information. What I explained should give you the common sense to search for:

JungleFlasher
XBOX 360 RHG hack

Now I know I wasn't to thorough about my bit of information, but I am about to go on an errand and I will revise it when I get back with more details and possibly photos of specific parts of a hack/mod.
>reads thread
>closes window
>forever alone
>fuck yeah.

Melk

Melk

Lead of 363 Productions

• Members
  • 5 posts

What?

QUOTE: the price for a jtag xbox is around 250 US dollars

Fact, if you use a JTAG chip, yes. If you do a rewire or you bypass security checks (RHG - Reset Hack Glich), then no, it's free.
You can do this at your house and not pay a penny unless you don't have a soldiering/desoldiering gun and you don't know how to use wiring schematics.

Fact: JTAG can only work on consoles with an update version equal to or lower than 7997. An RHG hack can work with any console version because they have not found a way to patch it yet. Using an RHG allows you to load custom firmware from a hard drive, USB flash drive or dual-layered dvd. To load the DL dvd, you need to flash your 360's drive. All you need is a SATA cable and a motherboard that's made in the year 2000 or newer. Use your 360 to power the drive and use JungleFlasher to download your drive key, modify the firmware and upload a firmware called "IXTreme lt+ 3.0" This allows you to bypass regional settings along with other unique signatures inside XEX files that otherwise would be rejected. RHG hacks can work online because the firmware of the console has not been modified. This means you can run JTAG type mods, devkits and console spoofs and not get banned. Don't ask me more about this because I'm not *cough cough* google.com. Go there if you need more information. What I explained should give you the common sense to search for:

JungleFlasher
XBOX 360 RHG hack

Now I know I wasn't to thorough about my bit of information, but I am about to go on an errand and I will revise it when I get back with more details and possibly photos of specific parts of a hack/mod.

didnt know that coz like a said I'm out of the modding scene for almost 3 years but thanks for sharing that information aswell, if you have anymore info about what a retail xbox can read for a Reach mod please let me know so i can edit the post.

Recon

BushTucka

BushTucka

Recruit

• Members
  • 2 posts
Save mods with unlimited ammo and flyable pelacans? This involves editing config files yes?

Would I be able to edit damage, rate of fire, ammo/battery use then without a jtag?

If so, can you please link me to any known tutorials or try to explain how.

I am guessing that using non-jtag methods requires external files to be loaded via an external device such as a usb instead of just editing the game's already existant files, is this so?

If I back up the original files will I be able to reinstall them each time I wish to connect to live so I don't get banned, but then reload the files from my usb when I wish to use my custom settings offline?

I am new to console modding/hacking. I have been involved in PC modding for a couple years now though, games such as arma 2, operation flashpoint, far cry 2, fallout 3 and new vegas, oblivion and skyrim and probably more that I have forgotten :P

The mod I wish to create will balance out the damage values against both shields and health of the spiker, plasma rifle, plasma repeater and also will change the melee up and give bladed weapons extra damage in campaign/firefight. Currently the hammer deals additional damage yet the spiker deals the same as any non-bladed weapon and I want to increase its melee power to that of the hammer's (B) button attack.

Also, once I have completed this I would like to create custom firefight missions, or atleast give myself more freedom to do so by adding/editing the enemy types and numbers in groups such as "elite infantry" or "brute tactical". That is all I really need to do to improve my firefight experience I don't think I will need to script any events or AI behaviour to improve firefight to my liking.

Thanks in advanced, I look forward to modding with you all shortly :)

BushTucka

BushTucka

Recruit

• Members
  • 2 posts
EDIT

I would also like to make my character vulnerable to headshots in campaign like the default setting in firefight.

If none of this is possible without a JTAG, can I still do this with a JTAG? ..How?

Cheers

Edited by BushTucka, 03 July 2012 - 11:43 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo reach mod, how, to, mod, hal, halo, reach, halo 3, halo 2, halo 3 odst

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox